Chakra Meditation - Balanced Energy Balanced Life
What is it?
Chakra meditation is a meditation technique that is concentrative, recharging, and cleansing balancing your body energies.
What are Chakras?
Chakra is a Sanskrit word for vortexes of energy. These are basically energy centres in our body.
There are seven of them and they control different aspects of our human and spiritual lives.
- 1st chakra is the root chakra located at the base of the spin. It is presented by the colour red. The health, security, and sense of connection to the world is contained within this chakra.
- 2nd chakra is naval chakra located at the naval. It is represented by the colour orange.
- 3rd chakra is the solar plexus chakra, orange in colour, and located at the solar plexus.
- 4th chakra is the heart chakra of love, romance, relationships and communication. It is represented by the colour green.
- 5th chakra is the throat chakra, the primary focus of communication and action. It represented by the colour blue.
- 6th chakra is the brow chakra. It is located directly between the eyes and controls the third eye, your intuition, and the way you picture your future.
- 7th chakra is the crown chakra, violet in colour. It is connected to the spirit and the mind.
What is it Used For?
It is used spotlight your attention on the 7 energy centres in your body.
Its main goal is to channel in good energy and to get rid of negative energy and keep your body energy balanced and aligned.
The energy channel, roughly aligned with the spine, connects the chakras to each other.
When any of the chakras are not balanced, the energy is blocked and can’t flow freely.
This blocked energy makes you sick both mentally and physically. It impedes your spiritual development.
When your chakras are balanced, you feel healthy physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually sense.
How It Is Done
Although at beginning you may need a chakra meditation instructor to show you how to do it properly, there is no reason why you can’t try it on your own.
If it doesn’t work then at least you know to ask your guide specific questions. If you are going to try it on your own, it is important that you understand the 7 chakras thoroughly.
- Make yourself comfortable by either sitting or lying down
- Align your head and back
- Listen to smoothing music of your choice (optional)
- Deliberately think, contemplate, reflect and ponder first on the root chakra
- Work on the other chakra on the chakra to rid them of any blockages of energy
- Visualize liquid light travelling from the crown chakra all the way down to the root chakra.
You may feel a sensation of gentle warmth gradually develop through out your body.
Chakra Meditation results in balanced chakras which causes
- Your physical health to improve
- Your mental status to become clearer and happier
- You to become spiritually aware and improves your intuition
- You to become more empathetic
- You to communicate in a much more empathetic, open-minded, and kinder way.
If after consideration you want to give this type of meditation a try be sure to start out with a person who is experienced in chakra meditation.
This is because chakra meditation is a powerful way to meditate and to rejuvenate and purify the body.
Return to Home Page from Chakra Meditation